Lawn Maintenance Cape Coral
At Greensward, we offer a comprehensive Lawn Maintenance program that includes mowing, edging, fertilizing, seeding, mulching, aeration, and weed control. We tailor our services to meet the specific needs of your lawn and can even provide custom solutions for those tough-to-solve problems.
Don’t spend your weekends toiling away in the yard – let us do the work for you! Call Greensward Lawn Maintenance today and we’ll be happy to provide you with a free estimate.
10 Tips for Proper Lawn Maintenance
Assuming you lawn is in good condition to start, here are 10 lawn care tips to help get your lawn off to a great start this season:
1. Mow high – Set your lawn mower blade 3-4 inches high. This allows the grass to develop deeper roots, which helps the lawn withstand droughts and pests better. It also helps reduce thatch.
2. Bag it – Collecting the grass clippings can help reduce thatch build-up. Plus, it provides free fertilizer for your lawn!
3. Fertilize – Proper fertilization is key to a healthy lawn. The best time to fertilize is just before the major growth periods in spring and fall.
4. Water deeply and less often – lawns need about 1-2 inches of water per week. Watering deeply encourages deeper roots, which helps the lawn withstand droughts better.
5. Aerate – This lawn care task helps reduce compaction, improve drainage, and encourage root growth. It’s best to aerate in the fall when the lawn is actively growing.
6. Overseed – Overseeding helps fill in bare spots and thickens the lawn. The best time to overseed is in the fall when grass seed germination is highest.
7. Dethatch – Thatch is a layer of dead grass, clippings, and other organic matter that can build up on your lawn over time. Dethatching helps reduce thatch build-up and can improve lawn drainage.
8. Control weeds – Weeds compete with your lawn for water, nutrients, and sunlight. The best way to control weeds is to prevent them from growing in the first place. This can be done by using a pre-emergent herbicide in the early spring.
9. Mow properly – Be sure to use a sharp blade and mow in a pattern so you don’t create ruts in your lawn. Also, be sure to remove any clippings from sidewalks or driveways so they don’t end up back on your lawn.
10. Get a soil test – A soil test can help you determine the right lawn care products and application rates for your lawn. It’s best to get a soil test every 3-5 years.
Following these lawn care tips will help you get your lawn off to a great start this season!